Re: Keepers Of The Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Keepers Of The Iris
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:56:01 -0500

Tom,

I love that photo!  Roadside hunters shot all my geese but one goose one afternoon.  She cried and cried for weeks.  I let her go at the lake with some other geese in the hopes they would eventually let her join the gaggle.  They can be real funny about strangers.  But she was surely safer there.  Mine were always in danger from coyotes, raccoons and such but I never thought their demise would come all at once and from humans.

Donald