variegated AB sdlg

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] variegated AB sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:03:39 -0500

Early last fall I posted some photos of the TB X AB seedlings that have
turned up with variegated foliage.  They had only recently been removed from
the pots.  I didn't expect any of those late line-outs to bloom, but quite a
few are going to bloom or try.  Quite a few bloomouts, too.  But perhaps the
correct term for the foliage would be 'broken color' instead of variegated.
This bloom looks like something from the Kasperaks.  The stalk is only about
six inches high.  It really should have waited 'til next year to bloom.  Not
even a clue about the ID of the pollen parent.  AUTUMN ECHO just was in a
pathway toward other things and I would stop and daub whatever I was using
at the time.  It got lots of varied daubing, but I have no idea which ones
resulted in the pods.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511