Easy AB's OOPS! and again OOPS! with amplifacation

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Easy AB's OOPS! and again OOPS! with amplifacation
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:14:13 EDT

A knowlegable friend, as a kindness, sent the following corrections and notes to my list of AB's growing here that I posted earlier. You would do well to accept his corrections over information I initially supplied.

In my mind his input represents one of the higher uses of this list.
Bill Burleson

Name type increase bloom
Aril Skyline ( ) 5x and 2 stalks
- AB type OGB+

Butterfly Wings (OB) 4x
- this belongs to a TB reg by White.  What was distributed was and arilbred of OB- type. From the Comprehensive Checklist:
"Notes: No record of introduction was found for the TB registered by White as "Butterfly Wings" in 1945, this is the one listed in catalogs from the 1950's as a 1946 White introduction; an OB- in both systems."

Charming Image (OGB) 5x
- registered as an OGB- type

Desert Diamond (OGB) 4x and 2 stalk
- mine's not going to bloom.  Looks great, but no bloom stalks

Desert Melody (OGB) 6x and 1 stalk
- registered as an OGB- type

Desert Moonlight (OGB) Dead
- I'm sorry about that.  Really good grower here.

Desert Spirit (OGB-) 6x

Gelee Royale (OGB) Dead
- mine wasn't.  Turned out to be MARTHA MIA.

Jallah Effendi (OGB) 4x

Onlooker (OGB) 8x and 1 stalk
- mine is going to die this year.

Persian Star (OGB+) 8x

Silent Tears (OGB) 7x and 3 stalks
- the checklist says it's both OGB and 1/4.  Can't have it both ways.  I think this is an OGB- type based on pedigree.  That means folks wanting to use it as a parent are going down a tough path.

Syrian Princess (AB) 6x and 1 stalk
- OGB+ type.  Good grower and beautiful

William Mohr (OB) 6x
- a 22 chromosome diploid with a history of contributing unreduced gametes among its offspring.

Swertie ( ) 3x
- ? Swertii?  not an AB at all.  A very old diploid plicata collected around 1612 even before you and I were born.

Yahoo! Groups Links