TB: Richards Green Seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Richards Green Seedling
  • From: "Patrick Orr" <irisdude@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:33:26 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:33:26 -0700

Hi All!!!

Wow, what a great time to be living...  There are so many new things being invented every day and the iris world is no exception...will wonders never cease?  Doubt it.

The other day I previewed 4 gardens down in Tucson.  The Tucson Area Iris Society is hosting the regional trek in 2005, and at one of the gardens that will be on tour, the attached lovely green iris was blooming.

This is Richard C. Richards Seedling #10201.  The picture does not do it justice.  It IS green, and much nicer looking person. Unfortunately the sun was behind the flower glowing through, making the color appear lighter than it really is. The stalk has great branching.  This is a one year clump.

Someone else on the tour took a picture of it too, and hopefully I can persuade her to send in her photo of it.  She snapped the shot from the other side of the flower.  I hope it came out good.

Congratulations Richard!!!

Patrick Orr
Phoenix, AZ
US Zone 9