  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TWIST OF FATE
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:07:42 -0500

TB.  Palmer '79/80.  When it does, it's nice.  More often than not, it
doesn't.  I've wondered if what I have is really the real thing.  It's what
I bought and it more or less matches the description.  If it's an imposter,
it fulfills the reputation of the cultivar.  This is the most capricious TB
I grow.  Sometimes it blooms with more contrast than other years - when it
deigns to bloom.  The first time it did well was in a year when everything
else was miserable and not doing well.  Good timing.  It had already been
around long enough to made the list for relocation to someone's else's
property.  That saved it.  In subsequent years it does well occasionally,
but sulks the rest of the seasons.  I can't say why it does or doesn't in
any given year.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links