  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] MARBLED MOHR
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:40:23 -0500

TB, historic.  Muhlestein '58.  That is how it's registered.  It's pedigree
is William Mohr X ((Midwest x Madame Louis Aureau) x Aldura).  I don't know
if it has ever had a chromosome count, but if not, it could use one.  Wm.
Mohr is a 22 chromosome diploid OB.  This bloom has so obviously picked up
aril chromosomes I wonder if it might be another case where Wm. Mohr doubled
the chromosomes.  This is a nice big bloom and has what I think is usually
called 'Mohr' form.  I believe a registration as an OB- would probably be
more accurate than TB.  More knowledgeable folks who view photos here may
correct me.  It has a light touch of white streaking throughout, like a
broken color.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links