another fun seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] another fun seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:47:12 -0500

One of my weird crosses, GAY STRIPES X HEART STEALER.  The third one I've
seen bloom.  The color is close to true orchid until it turns maroon in the
throat - all on a clear white background.  It's quite clean.  No yellow or
ivory or tan to muddy things up.  I've had fun watching these bloom.  It
also shows how bad my particular brand of leaf spot is.  This has been
sprayed now, so hopefully it's stopped but it's been particulary bad in
these new beds.  New ground, only seedlings.  Either it blows in on the
debris our wind constantly moves around or my soil has it naturally.  The
newer, and cleaner, the beds, the worse it is.  I've a ways to go before I
get everything sprayed again.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links