RE: LADY MOHR

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] LADY MOHR
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:10:28 -0700

Lady Mohr is blooming in my garden now also.  It was sent with the collection that my mother ordered from Couleys back in 1946.  I’m sure it was an extra, a gift.  Someone told me that it was listed in Couleys catalog that year for $50.  I doubt that she ever paid more than 50 cents for an iris, and nether or us liked it very well.  It was touted as the first green iris.  Its color is very much like Thornbird.  Of course, I will keep it always for sentimental reasons.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9