LADY MOHR

  • Subject: [iris-photos] LADY MOHR
  • From: Mickey Corley <mcorley@compuserve.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:36:35 -0400

Thanks so much for posting Lady Mohr's portrait.  I was always fascinated
with the Mohr line and she was one of my first purchased iris.  Over the
years of neglect I lost her and hadn't seen any mention of someone still
growing her.  I also only had a picture taken from a catalog years ago.
For once the catalog image is pretty accurate.  I've printed your photo and
posted it in my book, giving you credit for it.

Mickey Corley (Mrs.)
Bethany OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Zone 6/7

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>OB- type AB, historic.  Salbach 43.  Older now and lacking the flamboyant,
intense colors of some other ABs, it has the very good quality of
durability
and reliable bloom.  I've had 3 pods in the years it's been here - totaling
7 seeds without any subsequent germination.  I keep trying.  After all,
other people have been successful.  Although most registered descendents
stem from a TB pollen parent and my on pods were via AB pollen.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA
<