Re: ORMOHR

In a message dated 4/16/2004 8:08:40 PM Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
OB- type AB, historic.  Kleinsorge '37.  It's not quite this blue as the
overall look has more lavender to it, but I was struck by the amount of true
blue bleeding in the color and this matches that very well.  This is a big,
showy bloom.  I wasn't quite expecting that from the vintage.

This one prompted a search of my photo archives but, sadly, I didn't find a picture of the ORMOHR we once grew here in the Mesilla Valley.  I recall that its form and substance was superior to that of the TBs of its time, but certainly not this wide.  From just this shot, I'd guess it's a CAPITOLA offspring from the '50s to the '70s.

Even if you can't get another photo, please watch the form as the flower matures and let us know what you think.

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Links