Re: Re: Aging Arilbreds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Aging Arilbreds
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:43:55 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/2004 1:21:06 PM Mountain Daylight Time, neilm@charter.net writes:
Sharon, I'm just being curious, but what is your elevation and how clear is your air?  The fading of your seedling is only slight, judging by the photo of the two blooms.

I'm at roughly 4000' above MSL and the air is still relatively clear.  I have examples of much more obvious antocyanin fading, but chose this photo because of its mixture of pigments.

  Four days open is something I rarely saw except in things now described as AB+ while in Idaho.  Here in NC the air has accumulated so many turpenes and other byproducts of leafing-out forests, plus the human produced aerosols that "pure" TB's don't even fade much, at least the later blooming ones, and often last four days, especially in cooler weather.

Here, a TB flower typically lasts two days, a halfbred four days, and an onco six days.

  That is a lovely seedling, by the way.  I'd be interested in knowing its ancestry.

The short answer:  complicated.  That's why I didn't try to post it with the photo <G>.

The detailed answer:  ((WISHED FOR CHILD x I. kirkwoodii) x CLOUDS OF JOY) X DON'T BE SHY.

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Links