Re: Furioso & IB fertility

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Furioso & IB fertility
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:05:12 -0500

Paul, Is this one an IB? I saw something recently.  In the Tempo Two (Blyth)
catalog, they list this:
"Most Intermediate iris are sterile.  A few will set seed or have fertile
pollen.  To created new colours and patterns, make crosses between Tall
Bearded iris varieties.  Use either type as pod or pollen parent."
I was curious of some thoughts on this.  Email me direct to
willwarner@alltel.net, if you prefer, since this is kinda off topic for
iris-photo's.  Unless you got a pic of an Intermediate that is fertile. I'm
really intersted in Blthe's Shadows Cast and plan to order it from
Mid-America.  Anybody have any info on it?   I'd really like to find out
which IB's are fertile.  I've tried without luck to get IB HI to take.  It's
SA and so vigorous for me, reblooms too, I've been trying to cross it to SDB
What Again without luck. This year, I'm gonna try dobbing the pollen on What
Again, instead of vice versa, which didn't take last year.  Any thoughts?
Will Warner