Re: Furioso & IB fertility

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Furioso & IB fertility
  • From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- willwarner@alltel.net wrote:

> I'd really like to find out
> which IB's are fertile.  I've tried without luck to
> get IB HI to take.

I grew Hi and Darts for quite a few years and managed
to get seeds from them. Most of the seedlings were
terrible, very messed up and weak in growth. I think
if you are persisitent and pollinate all the flowers
every year you will eventually get seeds. But
germination will be tough.

Attached is a seedling I got from Darts X Troubadour's
Song. I posted this a number of years ago when it
first bloomed. It is SDB in size though the flower and
the leaves tends to be a little large for the class.
It has horns, broken color and blooms flat to boot. It
sounds like a mess but I find it quite amusing. It
looks like a PCN. Unfortunately, this seedling is
very, very sterile. It would have been fun to cross it
further.

Sterling

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511