Re: 1094 -B

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] 1094 -B
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" <lacedgables@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

I have alway felt that the fall markings would keep it on the sidelines... But I've found it to be my first good breeding Iris.  It's very fertile and has quality seedlings....Being one of my first I've never felt that it was worthy because it wasn't "perfect" in it's pattern.  It is a  very bright orange though and has a flush of pink.  When crossed to 'Fancy Woman' it gave me a cultivar that I hope to introduce soon. It is a pink ground luminata plicata, though the luminata fades as it ages.... I've posted it before, but I'll post the two together so you can see where it's going.  I've tried to take it another generation to make a pure pink ground luminata, but rain has stood in my way....This year I crossed 1094-B to 'Stage Lights'...  With the oranges in that one I should get something interesting.....

Hensler <hensler@povn.net> wrote:

Wow! Why is this still a seedling and not registered?

Skip & Christy Hensler
Newport, WA