Re: RE Striped Butterfly

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] RE Striped Butterfly
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:08:21 -0500

Pat,

STRIPED BUTTERFLY did bloom today.  It definitely has more blue than OLIVE ORCHID, but their similarities to each other are more pronounced than I remembered from last year.  It's not difficult to believe they are half siblings.  Wouldn't even be difficult to believe they are full siblings.  My photo tends to pick up the blue, so it's exaggerated.  It doesn't pick that up on OLIVE ORCHID.  So the camera is seeing something that's not so far apart to the eyes.  I tried to get this so the shoulder color and pattern would be more obvious than in the photos of last years' bloom.  So here it is.  Your camera may be seeing it differently than mine, but the effect in the garden is blue on this one and is not on the other.

Donald