CULT: Is this a baby Borer?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] CULT: Is this a baby Borer?
  • From: acordes@freeway.net
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:46:40 -0500

Title: Kodak HTML Email

Hello everyone!

I was out cleaning up my iris garden, and when checking a name label, I found a nest of insect eggs. They were about 50 or 75 of them, and they were only about 3/10ths of an inch long. (.5cm) Dark tan colored, and pointed on each end.

RIGHT NEXT TO THE NEST was this grub on the top of the soil. I picked him up, and just before I sqished him, I said "Hey, I should ask everyone what I've got here!" So, here's the photos of the grub. (sorry I missed the egg nest.)

I have another photo of a hole in a leaf. It's posted next.

Let me know what you think!

Zone 4.5 Region 6
Hillman, Michigan

Organize, print and share your digital photos.
Click here to get the software.

How to save a picture
Simply right click on it and select "save image as." MAC users, click and drag the image to your desktop.

Copyright © Eastman Kodak Company, 2003