Re: Re: Let's talk about green

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Let's talk about green
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:01:42 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/2004 12:07:59 PM Central Daylight Time, jgcrump@erols.com writes:

The bee that found another SDB in this area would be a lon-g-g-g-g distance flier.

Just wanted to rag you some. In truth I expect deduction as a way of determine pollen parent is likely better in some cases than those asserted to be correct because a hybridizer dabbed the pollen and tagged the bloom.

I sometimes find myself smearing more pollen on a bloom that I have already tagged with something else. Also in spite of constant cautions to myself, I sometimes forget to lick the bushes clean before loadin' them with the next pollen.

In contrast to SDB's, Praetorian Guard produced a new record stalk for here. It's 59 inches tall!

I've pollinated over 400 blooms so far and peak bloom is still a week away. Gettin' tired of twistin', standin' on tiptoes, and teasin' blooms open. Send bees.

Laughin', smearin', and smilin',
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here