Re: Re: Let's talk about green

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Let's talk about green
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:54:07 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/2004 6:53:07 PM Central Daylight Time, jgcrump@erols.com writes:

Why are you putting pollen on bushes?  And I'll bet the neighbors get a kick out of watching you lick them.

Well their is no question they feel empathy for me.
They saw how pathetic my garden was one year, and told me to come pick what I wanted from their's.
I quit plantin' a garden six years ago.
After a while, I quit goin' to pick stuff.
They started pickin' stuff and bringin' here.
I no longer go and pick stuff.
Last week they brought me some tomatoe plants.
I was feelin' a little guilty so did not ask them to plant 'em.
I told my wife, I did not have time to fix the lawn mower.
She was talkin' to one of  the neighbor's wives and told her.
The next day that neighbors son came down and fixed the lawn mower.
He mowed the yard.
I'm thinkin' I should now quit mowin'.
All these neighbors think me a little "tetched" and wonder why else a grown man raise flowers?
Yep, they visit. I wish they did so more. I don't know exactly why.
I wish they visited more.
My tractor needs a water pump.

Wonder if lickin' the bushes would help?

Laughin',
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Links