CULT: Yellowing Clump

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] CULT: Yellowing Clump
  • From: acordes@freeway.net
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:59:28 -0500

Title: Kodak HTML Email

Hello all.

This clump of iris is slowly Yellowing on the outer parts of the leaves (note the fans on the left). This is "Champagne Elegance" which reblooms nicely for me here in Zone 4b. What could be going wrong with the soil? The following photo is of "Sierra Grande" which has NEVER shown signs of slowing down, despite being planted only 18 inches away from CE in the same row.

I blame the yellowing on the soil, since 4 years ago, the year before I put iris there, I used old fermented haylage from our silo as a mulch and additive. The tomatoes and beans were great that summer, but my iris are not! (I'm moving them all this fall.)

Last time I tried to send this photo, Yahoo! sent it back to me because they don't accept messages with attachments more than 1 MB. . . I'm still trying to figgure out how to condense my photos without distorting them. Any help? (appreciated)

Adam Cordes
Region 6
Zone 4b
Hillman, Michigan

Organize, print and share your digital photos.
Click here to get the software.

How to save a picture
Simply right click on it and select "save image as." MAC users, click and drag the image to your desktop.

Copyright © Eastman Kodak Company, 2003