Re: CULT: Is this a baby Borer?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: Is this a baby Borer?
  • From: Diane Kowallek <whatever@iglou.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:24:32 -0400

Mike,

I am in the same region as you and I have borers big time this year.  Unfortunately, I can't find the Bayer Merit product.  Anything else I can use?

By the way, are you associated with Greenfield Farms?  I have done business with them through the garden store I worked at as a perennial buyer.

Diane

Mike Greenfield wrote:
Adam it is not a borer. They have not hatched yet in your area. Some say they winter over but I have not seen proof. I have never seen one eat a hole like yours either.

Photo shows the difference.

Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b
SW Ohio