What to do?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] What to do?
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:27:36 -0400

Well, the intermediates that sprang up to TB height during our spate of 80's and 90's weather last week are now paying the price as the rain weighs down their blooms, and I finally gave up staking and just cut the remainder and brought them in.  They're ones I don't intend to work with further, anyhow.
Like Neil and Linda, I'm awaiting a temperature dip into the 30s here, and a frost warning is on.  The weather that hits them and their neighbors usually sweeps on up into Virginia and, after raking me over, heads for Rosalie over in Baltimore.  So, watch out, Rosalie, here it comes!
ALLELUIA, JESSE'S SONG, KNIGHTED,  and several TB seedlings are blooming.  A couple of nice surprises among the intermediate seedlings this year.  I hope to have photos of them tomorrow.
Meantime, what shall I do with this gaudy thing that I've attached?  It's not introduceable, but has, in my opinion, a lot of good stuff in it.  Its heritage includes FRINGE OF GOLD, MARGARITA, MOMAUGUIN, WABASH, CHINESE TREASURE and more.  I already have an idea of what I may do, but would be interested in hearing other suggestions.  --  Griff
zone 7 in Virginia

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image