  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] ZWANENBURG
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:44:02 -0500

OB type AB, historic.  Denis '12.  The last entry on my iris list, it's
always the first to bloom.  The only AB I grow that qualifies as a weed.
Interesting rather than beautiful, as the first thing to bloom it's always
welcome.  It blooms prodigiously and reliably every year.  I tried to
determine what the name might mean.  I thought it might be 'swan in the
city', but near as I can figure out that wasn't quite accurate.  If it were
zwaanenburg then it could be swan at the mountain or something like that.
In any case, for iris-photos, it will be my swan song for posting for a
while.  As the bloom season progresses north of my location, I will enjoy
those photos other people post.  My special interest is growing arilbreds
though I still grow more TBs.  Most of the TBs  here are grown by others and
I expect they will get better representation in the photos than mine. Those
TBs I thought less common I've already posted.  Thanks to everyone for all
the nice comments I've received both on the group and privately.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image