COMP: sizing (was CULT: Yellowing Clump)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] COMP: sizing (was CULT: Yellowing Clump)
  • From: Mickey Corley <mcorley@compuserve.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:24:22 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>Last time I tried to send this photo, Yahoo! sent it back to me because
they don't accept messages with attachments more than 1 MB. . . I'm still
trying to figgure out how to condense my photos without distorting them.
Any help?  (appreciated)

Adam Cordes<

Adam, I'm not an expert at this but if you are using Windows98, you should
have a Paint program.  Got to Start -programs - Accessories -  and there
should be an icon with Paint beside it.  Open that, then open your image. (
If it isn't there FIND a file named MSPaint.exe.)

To change the size of your picture

On the Image menu, click Attributes.
Click the unit of measurement you want to use for the width and height.
Type the measurements in Width and Height.

You can also resize your picture by dragging the three image resize
handles, located at the bottom right corner and along the bottom and right
sides of your picture.
If your current picture is bigger than the new size, the picture is cut
from the right side and bottom to fit within the smaller area. If your
current picture is smaller than the new size, the extra area is filled with
the selected background color.
You can undo up to three changes by clicking the Edit menu and then
clicking Undo for each change.

Your image was 8X6  inches (386KB) and I changed it to 4X3 (25KB).  I use a
photo editing program to do this.  Window 98 also had a Kodak imaging icon
but I couldn't find how to resize an image on it.\

Mickey Corley (Mrs.)
Bethany OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Zone 6/7

Yahoo! Groups Links