TB: NOID: Lavender bicolor

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: NOID: Lavender bicolor
  • From: Mickey Corley <mcorley@compuserve.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:24:20 -0400

This iris has bloomed for me for the past three years.  I don't recall
having seen it before. - Bee seedling???

The only iris in my records is described from a catalog years ago.

BUFFAWN - (Andrew 1940) - Standards light fawn.  Falls light pinkish buff.

(my notes to myself years ago  were:  (purchased in 1960 - Almost identical
to Old Vienna, Lighter Standards and falls are edged more in tan).

I don't consider these falls as light Pinkish buff.  I consider them
lavender now and I certainly don't consider the falls edged more in tan.
They are a bright yellow.

Old Vienna bloomed so I could compare them and to my way of thinking now,
they don't resemble each other as you can see by the attachment which a
pretty good likeness.  The fall of the NOID is more the color than the full
flower is.
.

I'm sorry I failed to get a picture of the plant with a yardstick, but the
height of the stalk is 30".  Iris in this bed have a tendancy to be shorter
than other places in my yard.

Can anyone furnish a picture of Buffawn?

Mickey Corley (Mrs.)
Bethany OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Zone 6/7

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511