Re: SPU: Betty Cooper

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SPU: Betty Cooper
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" <pdoyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:07:53 -0500

Yes Donald, they are "cool".  I was inspired to grow them by your pictures posted last year. They go dormant? I'm glad you told me that. I have three others, one has a bud. I also have a siberian that was thrown in as a bonus. So, I'm learning much this season.

>This is my first year to grow Spuria iris.  This is Betty Cooper, Mccown >'93
Aren't they a nice change of pace to grow with the other irises?  I hope your lake effect keeps them cool enough to do their best.  They bloom late enough our heat here in Texas is their worst enemy.  It brings out the bugs that love the blooms and the combination makes the blooms short-lived.  I wish their spring foliage lasted all summer.
Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links