Spring surprise

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Spring surprise
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.net>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:43:12 -0700

The little JI type shoots poking through the vinca minor and weeds is 92JS10A. She's a cute but fairly ordinary looking 3-fall type. Couldn't believe this since we had such horribly hot and dry weather last summer and this bed hasn't had a complete overhaul for about 7 years (no fertilizer and minimal weeding). To top it off, we were short on water last year so this was lucky to get more than a cup or two every other week (if I remembered at all).

It's difficult to explain just how this bed sits in relation to the others so I'll follow with a wider angle.

Christy

Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA