RE: Emerald Fantasy AB

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: Emerald Fantasy AB
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 20:01:29 EST

Tom and all,

    The official registration description for Emerald Fantasy reads "black signal with greenish cast."  Its pollen parent was the species regelia I. korolkowii 'Brown and Green,' a variant of I. korolkowii.  I posted a photo of I. korolkowii 'Brown and Green' on 5/17/03.  You can find it in the May 2003 archive.  Look carefully to the back of the signal on the fall facing you, and you can see the green cast.  My photo was taken with the fall in full sun.  In the garden, when one looks at the falls of 'Brown and Green' that are not facing the sun, there is a definite green sheen on the signal.

Elm

Yahoo! Groups Links