Re: OGB- sdlg

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] OGB- sdlg
  • From: willwarner@alltel.net
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:35:34 -0500

Donald, This one is really neat.  I like the veined standards, and the falls
with those white flecks.  Looks to have a little white area under the
beard too.  Keep up the good work. :) I've been enjoying your pics.
Will Warner
 SW MO
zone 6

> From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
> Date: 2005/04/06 Wed AM 09:25:29 CDT
> To: <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [iris-photos] OGB- sdlg

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Here's a sdlg from TENNESSEE GENTLEMAN (TB) X TEL AVIV (OGB).  These are the
kind of crosses I do the most.  This one has surpisingly good width and
quirkily attractive (to me) details.  They don't give really good ABs or TBs
either one, but as something in and of themselves I find them fascinating.
Often, as here, they don't resemble either parent.  I keep trying to use the
type with ABs to get another generation in the AB direction.  Not too
successful - only a single seedling so far.  I get some seeds, but almost no
germination.  Makes me appreciate the hybridizers that have successfully
produced results using that combo of parents.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA