Re: OGB- sdlg

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: OGB- sdlg
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:01:23 -0000

"Colleen Modra" <colleen@i...> wrote:

> Donald I like the colour and form on this one, is the bud count

If it's judged against a TB, yes.  If it's confined to others of the
type, no.  The aril quotient almost inevitably assures lower bud
count than if it were from two TB parents.  It is too short on
maiden bloom and the vigor of the plant long term is still
questionable.  I'm finding those that once were referred to
as 'quarterbreds' are unsettled in their growth behavior for varying
lengths of time.  Some don't settle into normal and consistant
growth patterns until the third season though most seem to have
settled down by the second.  I'm not sure why this has been the
case, but it's been a characteristic of those types that isn't
shared by TB or the 'half-bred' seedlings.  I haven't managed any
surviving 'three quarter bred' seedlings to know if might be the
case with them.

Yahoo! Groups Links