Re: no more tonight - I promise!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] no more tonight - I promise!
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:37:31 -0700

Cathy,

I hate to be the wet blanket here, but 200 to 300 KB files are too big
to send to iris-photos. You are on a high speed line and time to
download them is not a problem.

Pictures can be a larger format and still be compressed enough to get
the file down to a reasonable size.

John

On Apr 7, 2005, at 6:38 AM, Catherine Button wrote:

> Bill,
>
> The pic of Ingenuity was LOVELY! And I think it was a perfect size. A
> lot of the "small" photos posted are too small to get a good view.
> Especially as I need ever stronger reading glasses!
> Please don't stop posting.
>
> cathy
>
> Bill Wells wrote:
>
>> Well, that last one was a little better, but still too big. I won't
>> abuse you any more tonight. Next one will be smaller yet. Sorry for
>> the
>> trouble - never had to adjust the pixel size with the old Mavica, but
>> this CyberShot has several settings. I think I'll try taking at a
>> lower
>> resolution and then maybe I won't have to resize as much with the
>> software. Bear with me...
>>
>> Bill Wells
>>

>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> --
> My words are mine, and don't reflect the views of my employer.
> Catherine Button    Network Administrator and corporate irritant
> cathy@pavcal.com    Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444  Fax: 609-518-3720
>
>  "When I drop in my tracks, I want the body to skid for a week."

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending: