RE: Burnedtips

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: Burnedtips
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:02:20 EDT

    I'm not sure what zone you live in.  Here in Zone 5 in eastern Washington State, I have a few leaf tips that look just like that.  They are the result of late heavy frosts, where the leaf tips were bent to the ground by snow and covered.  We also had a severe ice storm this year, which contributed to this.  The MDBs and SDBs, with their short leaves, were not affected because their leaves were able to poke upright through the snow.

Yahoo! Groups Links