Re: Oversizedleaves.jpg

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Oversizedleaves.jpg
  • From: Janet Hueller jansirisgarden@juno.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:19:01 -0700

Thanks, Colleen and Sharon.  I'm relieved I don't have to dig those beds
this year.  As far as deep.  Gordon uses the Mantis which isn't much of a
tiller and he only goes about 12 in. down if that.  (And I'm thankful for
that), but the manure (composted steer from Home Depot) was added to the
bottom layer, then back filled with Super soil and other native dirt
before planting the iris. It has been windy and rather cold and they are
in a lot of shade as well.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for some
kind of bloom to come around before it hits 100, which wont be long.

Jan/Tucson Zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Links