Re: my favorite AT LAST sdlg

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] my favorite AT LAST sdlg
  • From: Rhonda Rizzo timandrhonda_6@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:04:49 -0700 (PDT)

I am in Zone 6 upstate NY. I have fallen in love with the AB's partly as a result on the great seedling pictures this year. Can anyone suggest any AB's that would adapt to this location?
Rhonda
Rochester, NY

willwarner@alltel.net wrote:
Donald, these are some great seedlings you've been posting. I'm very impressed. I particularly liked the Ib seedling, and the last one.  I've only tried one Arilbred here, and it didn't do so hot.  Kalifa's horn, and it didn't even last a full year, didn't get a bloom, that's all I really wanted. I'm in SW MO. I thought I still had it, in the this clump of an iris that hadn't bloomed in years, but it finally bloomed and it's sundown red (IB).
Am I too far north for AB's. If your's get zapped by late frost in TX, I'm sure I'd have problems here in MO.  Keep up the great work donald.  I look forward to seeing your later seedling.
Will Warner
SW MO zone 6

> From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
> Date: 2005/04/11 Mon PM 09:03:37 CDT
> To: <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [iris-photos] my favorite AT LAST sdlg

I liked all six, but this is the one I like the best.  This is just a
portion of what is blooming.  Not too bad for a 3 year old plant.  The
camera refuses to pick up the odd, smooth blending that comprises the color,
but it has no trouble with the effect of the beard and the underlying color
the beard sits on.  Compared to all the other irises I grow, this one seems
distinctive, particularly because of the beard.  It's an eyecatcher for the
visitors that have seen it.  This clump is what's left after all the high
winds this week, including today.

So how you other folks that grow seedlings decide about them?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Do you Yahoo!?