Re: AT LAST sdlg/ growing in the North

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: AT LAST sdlg/ growing in the North
  • From: "Christopher Darlington" chrisdarlington@videotron.ca
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:33:16 -0000

Rhonda,

I'm up in Saint Jerome which is an hour north of Montreal in zone 4 ,
I've been able to keep around 20 Arilbreds alive through two to three
winters.  So far, I think I've lost only one or two.  Donald is right
though, many of them do not grow vigorously so bloom has been sparse
but some of them grow better that a few TB's I have to I'd say they're
not a tough to grow as people suggest.

I've had good results with SHEBAS JEWEL, CREATIVE STITCHERY, BRONZE
FALCON, KUALA LUMPUR, and a few others.  I planted ELMOHR, HEART
STEALER, ZEZURRA and POLYNESIAN HONEY in much heavier soil and the
plants look the better for it this Spring so the experiment continues.
I do believe that I'm going to find a way to grow these successfully, I
just need more time.

Chris