1501-D Then and now

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] 1501-D Then and now
  • From: petalpusherpaul@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:30:11 EDT

The original cross was (Celsius x ( Chanted x Fairy Lore)) and I've gotten many keepers out of it, but this one is the one I'm watching the most, not as something to introduce so much but rather as a parent to go beyond with....Celsius came from the odd, Zing Me, and this little guy was the only one to have the strange thing going on with the standards....In Washington DC there was a beautiful stalk with three buds....Here in it's first year in the South it has only 2, but there is another stalk coming on which might be better....In DC it grew 18" tall and here it is only about 10....granted it is only it's first year, but I've notice an over all shortness on everything in the garden when it comes to the SDB's....I wonder how much the changes have to do with location???

Then
now