Re: parents

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: parents
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:33:58 -0400

Yep - except for growth habit and floriferousness, they are identical.
Every time I think I see a minor difference to tell them apart, I decide
it's not different after all.

Petals are half again as big, stalks are taller and more uniform in
height, survival and increase is much better in the seedling, but
otherwise, I can't tell one from the other.

BB <may> be slightly redder when it first opens.  Beard tips are pointed
on the seedling (trying to be space age), more squared off on BB.  But
that may be transient.

Your BB looks <much> better in your garden than it has done here, & I've
tried it several different places.

<Linda that sure looks a lot like BEING BUSY...!  No question on who is
at least one of the
                   parents....Looks just like a twin...>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8