is there a pattern here?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] is there a pattern here?
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:35:55 -0500

These seedlings all have TB parents.  Those will be PAPRIKA FONOS, PATINA,
LADY FIRE, TIGER HONEY, ASHLEIGH NICOLE and ROYAL TARA.  The pollen parents
are all ABs; DESERT MOONLIGHT, KOKO KNOLL, KIOSK and SCOTCH GOLD.

So there are two pairs of full siblings here, and one that is a half sibling
to one set of full siblings.  But if I didn't know, I wouldn't have a clue.
There are obviously more seedlings than these.  Some don't have brown or
rust at all.  I wouldn't have thought some of these crosses would have given
me something so similar.  I am finding the similarities from the different
crosses interesting.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA