RE: is there a pattern here?

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] is there a pattern here?
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:38:42 -0400

"Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net> wrote:

>These seedlings all have TB parents.  Those will be PAPRIKA FONOS, PATINA,
>LADY FIRE, TIGER HONEY, ASHLEIGH NICOLE and ROYAL TARA.  The pollen parents
>are all ABs; DESERT MOONLIGHT, KOKO KNOLL, KIOSK and SCOTCH GOLD.
>
>So there are two pairs of full siblings here, and one that is a half sibling
>to one set of full siblings.  But if I didn't know, I wouldn't have a clue.
>There are obviously more seedlings than these.  Some don't have brown or
>rust at all.  I wouldn't have thought some of these crosses would have given
>me something so similar.  I am finding the similarities from the different
>crosses interesting.
>
>Donald Eaves
>donald@eastland.net
>Texas Zone 7b, USA

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have obtained a pattern that I found to be an indicator of a TB
especially compatible with arilbreds.  It would be interesting to see more
seedlings from each specific cross.

For the future, however, I'd just encourage you to use each of these TBs with
different ABs.  Mix up the genes & see what happens!

Sharon McAllister