One more for today.

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] One more for today.
  • From: John Nettles jjnettles@comporium.net
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:02:47 -0400

This little fellow was a STRANGER in my front  yard by an Azalea bush last
Spring. It was so warm that year that it bloomed at about the same time the
Azaleas did. It was really small, so O.C.dug it up and moved it to a new bed
and treated it well. It rewarded him THIS year by blooming again. Seems all
my Iris that have bloomed so far this year have been very difficult to
photograph.( the proper word O.C. guesses if CHALLENGING) The little Iris is
either a deep dark burgundy or a reddish black. It sits almost right on top
of the ground and is very small. One picture was "edited" to lighten it a
LOT, the other was made with a fill flash and then lightened.  Since I
didn't plant it,
O.C. doesn't know it's name . Looks like the SDB Bantam. Could it be ? If
not, do you knows it's name..???

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot, named John, REALLY enjoying Spring
with all of God's pretty Flowers........and TODAY glowing with pride at the
new ones blooming in HIS yard.