Re: My goodness! Chalk one up for the bees!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] My goodness! Chalk one up for the bees!
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 04:48:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/2005 1:03:38 PM Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
My own attitude toward bee pods is that they are a gift from nature, so I
plant them and usually compost them after seeing the bloom.  Sort of a back
to nature bit.  Here is a seedling from a bee pod from SNOW BLANKET.  It
surely had an arilbred parent.  The plant and bud size did not give me any
clues here!  I never dreamed it would look like this.  Bud count is par for
the TB X AB cross.  This is pretty much TB in form, but the signal area and
larger stylearms give away what must be arilbred ancestry.  I think.  If
not, this still ought to be a good plant to use with arilbred pollen.

Go for it!

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Links