Re: Blooming today for the first time - Enriched

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Blooming today for the first time - Enriched
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:49:52 -0700 (PDT)

In my description of Enriched I forgot to menttion the
branching and bud count (what was I thinking?!?!)
Enriched displays the low aphylla branching that
starts at the base of the stalk and I regularly count
10-12 buds on a stalk. I counted 14 on a stalk in the
Craig's garden a couple of years ago and I heard
another irisarian say he had 16 buds on his. Pretty
impressive for any iris.

--- Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> I believe I am the one that a start of that last
> year.
> Enriched is a tetraploid MTB from the Craigs. As a
> rule the aphylla hybrids take a year or two to
> aclimate but Enriched is an astounding grower. I
> thought it grew much like a rebloomer. So you should
> have a very imressive, floriforous clump by next
> season and the height should be normal. I am sharing
> pics of my clump from last year.
> Sterling
> Seattle, WA. zone 8

Do you Yahoo!?