Re: Bee babies

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Bee babies
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:05:10 -0400

Bee babies can sometimes be very nice.  Plus they can give ideas for
crosses maybe not considered.

For instance, the first bee baby from PINK FORMAL really surprised me
with tall, well branched stalks with big blooms with more modern form
than PF on a very robust plant.

Intentional seedlings using PF since then, so far have had thin, weak
stalks, small flowers, few buds, fairly puny plants.  Healthy, but
small.

If I'd seen those intentional babies first, I'd never have suspected it
has potential for such nice children.  Still searching for a good
"marriage".

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8