Re: Accumulated junk

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Accumulated junk
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:46:56 -0000

Linda Mann wrote:
> Donald, BREAKERS is notorious for not blooming but growing well in
> area, plus it can produce rebloomers.
> Soo, if you BREAKERS babies are more reliably fertile, & if you know
> parents, maybe some of them would have a home elsewhere.
> Are they all from one cross or ?

All the same cross.  The choices for pollen parent would be YAQUINA
BLUE, NAVAJO JEWEL and, of course, whatever a bee might have selected
to contaminate the cross.  I used pollen from both the others on the
bloom.  I think it's YAQUINA BLUE because I don't think I'd have
gotten all those ruffles from NJ.  Also, I think I'd have gotten more
lighter blues than the cross produced.  So I refer to them as
my 'Schreiner Blues'.  Therein lies one problem.  A bit cheeky to
assume mine are even as good as what Schreiner puts out.  I can't
attest to the fertility because I haven't tried to get pods with any
serious effort.  There haven't been any beepods.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links