SDB Prank doubled

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SDB Prank doubled
  • From: bdavis3738@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:41:58 EDT

I was just about to put up the camera for the day when I noticed this little beauty in the garden.  At first I thought it was two flowers blooming side by side.  Upon closer inspection I saw it was indeed one flower.  Can anyone tell me if this is a common occurance?  I thought perhaps that was why Mr. Keppel named this one Prank when he introduced it in 2000. In the second shot you can see the two anthers where there should only be one.
Any comments or insights into this would be appreciated.  I like the flower even when it blooms normally.  This way is really neat though!
My memory is almost allowing me to remember something like this being posted before, perhaps last year.  I don't recall any of the details though.  Well ,,Enjoy!  Guess it doesn't take much to make my afternoon!
Brian Davis
Champaign, Illinois

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image