Roundup or temp fluctuation damage?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Roundup or temp fluctuation damage?
  • From: richter@eecs.berkeley.edu
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:57:38 -0700

Here are two photos of the damage I've seen this spring,
the like of which I've never seen here before.

Oasis War Bonnet (the red-brown plicata) is the most heavily
damaged, with misshapen petals with a strange thickened, almost
waxy texture. Agatha Christie (the blue plicata) has only slight
damage, some curling in the falls.

Can this damage be caused by a simple large fluctuation in
temperature, like our short heat wave last month?
Or is a chemical like Roundup behind it?

Enquiring minds want to know :-)

Jean
SF bay area, (freezeless) zone 9