An arrangement -- and URL's for a spider pic and bigger beard pix

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] An arrangement -- and URL's for a spider pic and bigger beard pix
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerry.snyder@comcast.net
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:39:04 -0700

Here is the top winner at the High Desert Iris & Daylily Society show
last weekend. This awesome beauty was entered by Joyce Bertram, who had
a few other blue ribbons as well.

For anyone who likes spiders, here is another recent close-up with my
new camera:

Anyone able to ID it? Going thru one web page gave me the answer that it
is a jumping spider, but that leaves a large bunch of species as
possibilities. As is obvious, I am still learning how to do close-ups
optimally. This one clearly would have been better at twice the
distance, with a larger depth of field. BTW, "jumping" refers to going
after gnats and flies, not humans.

And finally, for those who liked my close-ups of beards, here are
versions that are less tightly cropped and not reduced in size. Just
another reflection (reflexion?) of our favorite flower.

Gerry Snyder
AIS Director, Symposium Chair
in warm, winterless Los Angeles -- USDA zone 9b, Sunset 18-19

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image