Re: mistake/1st Edge of Eden

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: mistake/1st Edge of Eden
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:16:00 -0000

> But I have another wish.... I wish that John would INCREASE the
> recommended photo size.

I don't think we're at odds here.  The key is 'recommended'.  The
recommended size could be increased and Chris could still lower the
limit on what the list would accept.  The first photo of EDGE OF
EDEN is unacceptably large even for dsl or cable modem.  If the list
recognized that and sent it back to the sender as too large, it
wouldn't be sitting there waiting for the unwary to attempt to view
it in the archives.

Another wish I could have is that an owner of a transmission or John
would have the ability to edit or delete a posting.  In that
scenario either myself or John could simply delete my first
posting.  I wouldn't want the ability to touch anything that anyone
else posted, but sending a mis-identified photo (I've done that
without knowing) leaves it in the archives for reference and the
reference is wrong.  If I could have edited my postings after they
were sent, then I could either delete or correct the wrong name
to 'unidentified' or the correct name.

I'm not carping about this list, though.  It's a great resource and
it's time I sent a bit more to Chris to help with the operation and
maintenance of the list.  I don't know how his donations finally
went, but I'm sure he hasn't reached the goal yet.  In a world with
lots of doubtful causes asking for contributions, I have no problem
with this one.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links