Re: mistake/1st Edge of Eden - outlook filter for size

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: mistake/1st Edge of Eden - outlook filter for size
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:59:03 -0000

You must have a good connection via your phone lines!  I can
sympathize with Kathleen here.  I'm in a rural area and was
restricted to dialup for a long time.  Such a file as the large
photo I sent would never have downloaded.  My machine would timeout
and I'd have to start all over.  My connection seldom lasted long
enough to finish one.  But the speed of transmission on dialup was
so variable it often took several tries before you knew for certain
the file was too large or if the connection was just too slow at the
time.  You couldn't trust the speed the computer gave you because it
didn't correspond to the speed of downloads.  So, until I got the
lightning rod affixed on the roof and have internet capability
beamed to me, dialup was my only option.  I never could get some
friends not to send video attachments.  I was stuck so many times
with something that would never, never, ever have finished
downloading. A filter would have been nice, but I don't understand
how they would work.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links