Re: about the question(s)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: about the question(s)
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:58:51 -0000

Thank you Paul,

This was a cross of siblings that were supposed to be MACHO HOMBRE X
KOKO KNOLL.  I've felt the cross was contaminated and think getting
these seedlings are an indication the pollen parent is wrong and the
seedlings a result of a contaminated cross.  The idea was this group
of seedlings would give some that resembled the grandparents.  That
hasn't happened so far.  All those that will bloom this year look like
the seedling parents and don't resemble MH or any other iris I've had
growing.  Still trying to figure out the cross.  Generally nice
plants, but haven't been easy podders and seldom produce pollen.  No
pollen at all this year, e.g.  These seedlings are following that
pattern as well, but all of them didn't bloom as first year plants.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA