  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:05:01 -0500

I like this seedling pretty well.  Primarily because the standards have the
kind of velvet texture more often seen on the falls (though my photos didn't
capture that quality well).  There's a sibling that is similar that also has
that characteristic.  The cross is RUSTLER X SATAN'S MISTRESS.  This is the
last bloom on the stalk and is a bit water spotted.  I've been drizzling
water all week.  Buds are beginning to dry up due to the lack of rain and
constant wind.  It's going to shorten the bloom season here.  I'm waiting on
the last three seedlings that will bloom for the first time here.  At least
I saw a lot of them bloom this year.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links